1 - IOSA audit
A comprehensive on-site audit of all airline operations specified in the IOSA Program and effective management of follow-up actions required to achieve the IOSA Registration.
- The IOSA Standards and Recommended Practices (ISARPs) as published in this version of the ISM are applicable only for the audit of an operator that operates a minimum of one (i.e. one or more) multi-engine, two-pilot aircraft with a maximum certificated takeoff mass in excess of 5,700 kg (12,566 lb) to conduct:
• Passenger flights with or without cabin crew.
• Cargo flights with or without the carriage of passengers or supernumeraries.
ISARPs may not be applied or used for the Audit of an operator that either:
• Does not operate a minimum of one aircraft as specified above, or has all aircraft operations conducted by another operator.
ISARPs may not be applied or used for the Audit of operations that are conducted with:
• Aircraft that have a maximum certificated takeoff mass of 5,700 kg (12,566 lb) or less;
• Single engine aircraft;
• Piston engine aircraft;
• Single pilot aircraft;
- During an audit, ISARPs are applied only to those aircraft that are of the type authorized in the Air Operator Certificate (AOC) and utilized in commercial passenger and/or cargo operations. Certain ISARPs are also applicable to non-commercial operations, and such application is indicated in a note that is part of the standard or recommended practice. Other owned or leased aircraft that are not of the type authorized in the AOC and/or not utilized in commercial air transport operations will not be evaluated during an audit. However, the existence of such aircraft will be referenced with an explanation in the IOSA Audit Report (IAR).
2 - ISAGO pre- audit
Modeled on the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) framework, the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) is meant to improve safety and reduce ground damage. ISAGO allows ground service providers to meet safety and quality requirements, and provide a competitive advantage in the market.
3 - ISSA audit
An On-site ISSA assessment performed by two auditors during two days leading the operator through the ISSA registration by IATA.
4 - IOSA pre-audit (gap analysis)
An optional, on-site evaluation of all or selected operations that will adequately prepare an airline for an IOSA audit. This pre-audit will be customized to meet the customers’ needs and result in a confidential report that will highlight those areas where non-conformities exist.
5 - LOSAe audit
LOSAe is a program designed to improve hazard identification and assess effectiveness. This audit expands the initial ICAO LOSA audit based on observation of flight crew Threat & Error Management to the observation of line personnel in all operational areas.